People with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) and their families should plan for how they are going to budget their money and plan for the future. There are different types of accounts that can help people manage their money so they can do the things they want!
To help you begin to understand some of the resources you may want to consider as you develop a financial plan, The Arc of the United States’ Center for Future Planning has developed a series of new videos on the following topics:
- An Overview of ABLE Accounts
- An Overview of Special Needs Trusts
- Special Needs Trusts and ABLE Accounts: How Are They Different?
- Pooled Special Needs Trusts
- How Death Affects the Money Left in ABLE Accounts and Special Needs Trusts
All Videos can be found here- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9ehQ7w4Tze2AlPxDn0dEajr1TVq_GUPZ