It’s safe to say that trying to get work done at home can be difficult and distracting. That’s why we have compiled our recommendations to make working from home as enjoyable and productive as possible.
1. Create a schedule and stick to it!! It is especially helpful if you have a planner or use a program like Google Calendar to keep you organized!
2. Change up the scenery: It is important to leave your house by going for walks or even working from different areas in your house. It is not healthy to stay in one place all day!
3. Block out time for socialization: Even though it is important to stay at home and stay socially distanced, it is just as important to socialize. Try to spend your breaks calling friends and family to check in on them!
4. Communicate: If you are confused or simply need someone to talk to, reach out and ask for help. This seems obvious but sometimes we forget to do this!
5. Limit Screen time: Especially working online many of us find that we are on zoom for hours on end. It is important to remember to take breaks away from the computer to protect your eyes.
6. Get Blue Light Glasses: If you find that you are getting headaches from staring at a screen for too long get Blue Light Glasses, which as you can guess block blue light from electronics from hurting your eyes. These are not too expensive and can be easily found online!
7. Stay away from distractions: Sitting in front of the TV, often tempts people to watch a movie when they really just want to get some work done. It is important to have a work place that has limited distractions!
8. Don’t do work on your bed: Although it is tempting to work under your blankets, studies show that it makes you less productive as not only does it make you tired when you are working, it also makes it harder to fall asleep at night. Have a designated desk or table where you can do your work!
9. Use a Planner: It is so important to keep track of all of your tasks during the day and being at home makes this difficult. Your planner could be a designated booklet or something as simple as a to-do list on a note pad.
10. Understand that this is hard for everyone: Although working from home is taxing on all of us, it is important to remember that you are not alone! Everyone in the entire world is struggling with COVID-19 with you.