Snow is falling across Washington. People with developmental disabilities and their families and providers should be prepared for extreme weather and other emergencies. Below are resources that can help people prepare for harsh conditions and stay safe.
- Checking the weather
- Emergency planning resources from DSHS:
- Winter weather resources for Washington state:
- Emergency/ Disaster preparedness from the Office of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- What to do if the power goes out
- Rooted in Rights video- Don’t snow us in
- Article by Informing Families – Emergency Preparedness